The www.sandylane.com website (the "Website") is operated by Sandy Lane Hotel Co. Limited ("Sandy Lane", "we", "us", "our"). We have created this Privacy Statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices relating to this Website. In order to fully understand your rights, we encourage you to read this Privacy Statement and to consult our Terms (the "Terms"). Each time you use this Website you will be bound by the then current Privacy Statement and you should review this each time you use the Website to satisfy yourself that you are happy with it
This Privacy Statement (together with our Terms and any other documents referred to) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. If you have any query, please contact us at email@example.com
Acceptance of this Privacy Statement
- By using this Website, you signify acceptance of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with or you are not comfortable with any aspect of the Privacy Statement, your only remedy is to discontinue use of the Website. We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time. Your continued use of any portion of the Website following notification or posting of such changes will constitute your acceptance of those changes.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide to us when using this Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use this Website, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, or our partners and when you report a problem with the Website.
Information you provide to us when applying through the Website for membership, which will typically include your name and contact details.
If you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Details of transactions through the Website to which you are a party and of the fulfilment of your bookings/orders.
Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources, advertisements and linked sites that you access.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside Barbados. It may also be processed by persons who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such persons may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take steps to ensure that your data are treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you:
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website and/or services.
- We may also use your data to provide you with information about our products or services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post and telephone.
- We may also contact you by electronic means (such as email, voicemail or text) with information about products or services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, you may opt out of receiving such communications either by contacting us by telephone on +1 (246) 444 2000, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at The Sandy Lane Hotel, St. James, Barbados, West Indies, BB24024.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to those working on our behalf for a specified purpose, for example, external marketing companies obtaining event registrations for our Platinum Pink Programme. They are not permitted to keep this information and it is only to be used for the purpose for which we contract with them.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Sandy Lane, or others.
- We take your online security very seriously and this Website has security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. However, as no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you transfer the data at your own risk. We endeavour to use appropriate security measures at all times to protect your data.
WE MAKE NO GUARANTY OF CONFIDENTIALITY OR PRIVACY OF ANY COMMUNICATION OR INFORMATION TRANSMITTED ON THE SITE OR ANY WEB SITE LINKED TO THE SITE. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE PRIVACY OF THE INFORMATION, E-MAIL ADDRESSES, REGISTRATION AND IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION, DISK SPACE, COMMUNICATIONS, CONFIDENTIAL OR TRADE-SECRET INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER CONTENT TRANSMITTED OVER NETWORKS ACCESSED BY THE SITE, OR OTHERWISE CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to aggregate information.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. Cookies help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate usage numbers and patterns.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check their policies before you submit any personal data to those websites.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Statement are welcomed and should be addressed to The Sandy Lane Hotel, St. James, Barbados, West Indies, BB24024 or contact us by email at email@example.com